Sunday, September 19, 2010

Comments on creation


This is my first foray into the creation of or contribution to a blog of any sort.  Using the resources and tools set out by the provider of this service, the process was relatively straightforward.  Before starting though, I compared the suggested services and the one thing that influenced my decision was the availability of backgrounds and designs for use.

Blogs can offer a beneficial tool for library promotion since they can be followed by people with similar interests or those who may wish to know more on a given topic.  For example, what interesting things are going on in the library, or what resources are available.  As with other posts to the Internet, blog entries are often the views and opinions of an individual and should be regarded as such.  While I do my utmost to check and verify the information I provide, I would hope that someone would defer to published scholarly works on the topics that I may post.  The information that I intend to share is simply an insight into my interests in maps and my efforts to show some of the interesting things that are going on in the Map Room.

No comments:

Post a Comment